Monday 20 June 2016

Weekly Recap (Upcoming Plans And New Website Coming Soon!)

I wish I could say I was very productive last week, but the major stuff I wanted to do wasn't accomplished. Mostly because I'm having issues with it. Of course they're little simple things that must have an easy fix I'm just not seeing *frowns*. That said, I still managed to get some goals crossed off, or at least started:

• Format Midnight Sky for print and order author copies
• Plot remaining books for the Iron Gargoyle series (create a map)
• Continue writing The Iron Gargoyle, the first Iron Gargoyle novel
• Beta read edits for Storm of the Gods  (Finish them up)
• Formal edits and minor tweaking for Storm of the Gods (Finish them up)
• Make list of publishers accepting new authors and sending queries for Storm of the Gods 
• Look through Scrivener tutorials and begin working from there

And here's what I want to do this week, bullets one and two being the most important:

• Format Midnight Sky for print and order author copies
• Complete and launch website
• Plot remaining books for the Iron Gargoyle series (create a map)
• Minor plot alterations and continue writing The Iron Gargoyle
• Edit Storm of the Gods 
• Make list of publishers accepting new authors and sending queries for Storm of the Gods 

I'm still going to promote Damnation's Door, though the tours I had going on have winded down, though I recently did my first ever character interview, which was even more fun than I thought it would be. Recently, I've been using Kindle and Kobo's services to promote my books, which is a trial and error thing I need to get better at. 

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I fully completed a book series. How crazy is that? I definitely learned a lot from the Cursed series and couldn't be happier that I put in the effort to see it through to the end. 




Demons are free. Angels are fallen. Hope is dying...

Constance Ramirez and her adopted sister, Andromeda, have stopped Lucifer’s plan– They have closed the Heaven Gate and kept the demons out. But their choice came with brutal consequences, and now every angel on earth is trapped in their mortal body.

All that remains is closing the Hell Gate and establishing a balance once and for all. That means returning to the city of Constance’s nightmares, which has become a haven for murderers and monsters. But even more dangerous than their hunt is that Andromeda’s powers and instincts are turning darker, and this time Constance doesn’t know how to protect her.

Constance is ready to fight for her life, but her enemies have plans she can’t begin to imagine, and they’re prepared to make her suffer...

Trust is lost and hearts are broken in the epic conclusion in Amy Braun’s Cursed trilogy...



Buy it here:


***
As things wind down with Cursed and Damnation's Door, I'm turning my energies to Dark Sky and the upcoming sequel, Midnight Sky.


There are secrets, there are betrayals, and there are sacrifices… 

The Behemoth has been destroyed, and the bloodthirsty Hellions seem to have left Westraven. But Claire Abernathy’s mind is not at ease. A terrible disease plagues her sister, appearing to have been brought on the Vesper, the leader of the Hellions beyond the tear between worlds– the Breach.

To save Abby and stop the Hellions for good, Claire must find the machine her parents built before the attacks, and fix it before the monsters return. To do so, she needs the help of her crew, and must ignore the secrets and rivalries between her captain and the man she saved.

Because the Hellions are not the only dangers following Claire. Twisted humans and old enemies surface to stop her and destroy all she loves. While she is determined to endure the trials, a single betrayal could shatter the hope of a better world, and force Claire to make a choice that will cost her dearly…





Preorder Links

Kindle | Kobo | Barnes & Noble | iTunes | Smashwords | Goodreads


I've heard very positive feedback so far, but if you're a book blogger/reviewer interested in reading Crimson Sky and/or Midnight Sky, feel free to enter the sign-up sheet below! 




Looking at those covers rocks my world, and I can't wait to see what they'll look like when they're placed next to the prequel novellas in the fall and the final novel next year. 

Now, onto the news. I've been keeping it under wraps for a couple months, but I should let frequent readers of the blog know that I'll be moving to a brand new website *hopefully* at the end of the month. I'm familiar with Blogger and it's been working so far, but the simple fact is that I have a new novel I want to send out in another month or two. I want to show publishers that I take my career seriously, and what better way than to have a crisp new website? I'm using Wordpress and while it's been throwing me for some loops (seriously, it should not be that hard to make more than one drop down menu under the main header!), I love the way the site is coming together. I don't know if they'll be on their when the site launches, but I'll be working on setting up a mailing list with occasional, exclusive bonuses for those who sign-up, and an online shop for readers to buy my books. However, I intend to spend less time blogging and focus on my writing. I won't continue doing weekly/month recaps or Thursday posts (GIAM bloggers, you'll get the basics). That said, when something big happens, it will go on the blog, and I'll likely continue with review posts and will definitely keep up with Weekend Writing Warriors

I've started the edits for Storm of the Gods, which will need way more work than even I expected. That said, I'm looking forward to working with the new world and have so far been very impressed with my new editor. I'm hoping this new series goes far, and will be working hard to give it all the promotion and spotlight it deserves, regardless of whether it gets accepted by publishers or not. I'm hoping that will be the case *dreams about writing as a full-time hybrid author* but if not, then Storm of the Gods will be written, fully edited, and potentially formatted for a new release in 2017. I'm even thinking about adding graphics to the chapter pages. I know– it'd be pretty cool. 

Also gaining ground is The Iron Gargoyle, another new post-apocalyptic urban fantasy series that will go through the same process Storm of the Gods and the Areios Brothers series is currently undergoing. I recently discovered that I needed to alter the world history and therefore my plot, but thankfully it hasn't really affected what I've written so far. Still, the sooner I make the changes, the better and stronger the story will be.

So that's what I have coming up! I'm really hoping to have at least the paperbacks for Midnight Sky or the final version of my website finished today. It's killing me that I have to do all that boring stuff when I'm actually aching to write, but I do need to prioritize my time, and both of those tasks have been nagging me for weeks, and the sooner I have them done, the more time I'll have for my writing! Which means I need to get to work! 

Cheers!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete